Re: [Evolution] Removing Ubuntu 9.04, Installing 14.04. How to move Evo?

Hi :)
Sorry for top-posting! :(  I've tried to trim to compensate for it a bit.

Swarup, have you run updates and rebooted at least once?  Event the 14.04 has a lot of updates already.  Also were the file-permissions ok on the compressed back-up?  Sometimes copying files around can mess up the permissions.

Also a lot of programs are moving their configs into a sub-folder
/home/user-name/.config
although there is also a lot in
/home/user-name/.cache
/home/user-name/.gconf/apps
/home/user-name/.gnome?

I think it's an attempt to declutter the home folder for each user but there seems to be bigger reasons too.
Regards from
Tom :)