Re: [Evolution] Removing Ubuntu 9.04, Installing 14.04. How to move Evo?

On Wed, 2014-04-23 at 17:18 +0400, Emre Erenoglu wrote:
On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Swarup <dinbandhu sprynet com> wrote:

        This is what I could not understood. If the browser window is
        not to be
        pointed at Gmail, then what is it to be pointed at? Please
        pardon my
        foolishness-- I am just not at all familiar with the scenario
        you are
        describing.

Any email provider would do, as you know Gmail might throttle your
connection when you upload 500mb/day.

        > > Please let me know exactly where using the drag and
        > > drop, I am to place all the mail folders.

Just add the Gmail account to Evo as a new account. Then you will see
folders appearing on the left.

        > Wherever you like. Create a new folder ("label" in Gmail
        terminology)
        > and just put it there. Refresh folder subscriptions in Evo
        so it will
        > see the new folder with your mail in it.

        If I am not supposed to create this new folder (or "label") in
        my GMail
        account, as indicated above, then I'm afraid I still could not
        understand where this new folder is supposed to be. You have
        said
        "Create a new folder and just put it there"-- but I am not
        following
        where this "there" is, if not in the gmail GUI mail program.

Create a new folder under this new Gmail account that appeared in your
Evolution after you added the gmail account. Then drag & drop your
mails one by into this, one by one at first to try, then maybe select
multiple ones and drag & drop. If all works, try dragging & dropping
an entire folder.

Nothing above is done via gmail website. Everything is done inside
Evolution.

Oh! This is big news. I never knew this sort of thing could be done. Ok,
so my .evolution in my /home has over 3 GB of mail in it. Is this going
to be able to be done? You mentioned that over 500 MB, Gmail may
throttle my connection.

And you mention trying one mail at a time. My outbox has 15,000 mails in
it. Am I going to be able to transfer large amounts like this by the
method discussed?

When I put my evo mail into that new folder I've created, is it getting
"mailed" to the gmail account, or "uploaded". I do not want something
getting "mailed" and thereby new sets of headers etc attached to it.

Thanks,
Swarup