Re: [Evolution] Removing Ubuntu 9.04, Installing 14.04. How to move Evo?

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Swarup <dinbandhu sprynet com> wrote:

This is what I could not understood. If the browser window is not to be
pointed at Gmail, then what is it to be pointed at? Please pardon my
foolishness-- I am just not at all familiar with the scenario you are
describing.

Any email provider would do, as you know Gmail might throttle your connection when you upload 500mb/day.

> > Please let me know exactly where using the drag and
> > drop, I am to place all the mail folders.

Just add the Gmail account to Evo as a new account. Then you will see folders appearing on the left.

> Wherever you like. Create a new folder ("label" in Gmail terminology)
> and just put it there. Refresh folder subscriptions in Evo so it will
> see the new folder with your mail in it.

If I am not supposed to create this new folder (or "label") in my GMail
account, as indicated above, then I'm afraid I still could not
understand where this new folder is supposed to be. You have said
"Create a new folder and just put it there"-- but I am not following
where this "there" is, if not in the gmail GUI mail program.

Create a new folder under this new Gmail account that appeared in your Evolution after you added the gmail account. Then drag & drop your mails one by into this, one by one at first to try, then maybe select multiple ones and drag & drop. If all works, try dragging & dropping an entire folder.

Nothing above is done via gmail website. Everything is done inside Evolution.

Emre