Re: [Evolution] expression search / complex search phrase

Jun 13, 2013; 5:13am — by  Thomas Mittelstaedt

Why don't you use filters to filter your many emails in your huge INBOX,
assigning tags (labels) to them, moving them into different folders and
so on.
You find that under Edit->message Filters in the main menu.

Thanks Thomas for your proposal as well. Indeed, this type of working
is suitable for many people and some of my team are doing like this.
However, each deal with let's say around 10-20 proposals a year.

As of now, we've already made 100+ proposals, it will easily exceed
200+ by end of the year. One of them that we are about to sign a
contract has 942 messages including the ones in my archive. Making
~200+ folders per year is not sustainable and categorizing mails into
folders also take time if filters don't work (not everybody make a
proper subject line unfortunately).

That's why I've chosen not to use folders at all and I depend solely
on filter/search as I need it through the a daywork. It served me well
until today on Outlook & Thunderbird. As I'm now trying to move to
Evolution (looking forward to the webkit html composer which is the
last blocking point), I was checking if such search is possible in
Evolution as well.

I shall probably make a bug report & request, maybe someday it can get
implemented.

Emre