Re: [Evolution] Issue about reading Feed from bitbucket

2013/4/15 Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 11:30 -0300, Marcos Souza wrote:
> 2013/4/15 Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>

> > all

> > > Yes, but Thunderbird didn't give this warning...
> > >
> > > In attached is a print of the timeout error on Evolution.
> >
> > If you restart Evo and try again, does it still time out?
> >

> Not, it not happen. Just after some time, it give to me this warning, but
> not at startup.
>
> This is a know issue...?

I occasionally get timeouts from a POP server I use, but I'm inclined to
think it's a problem with the server (it's flaky and overloaded).

However there are times when Evo does seem to be waiting infinitely.
This used to be more of a problem than it is now. In the latest stable
version (3.6.4) I've seen it only in one specific scenario: after
logging out and in again (using KDE, not Gnome) Evo needs to ask for my
keyring password, but sometimes it doesn't (either that or the dialogue
box is hidden, I haven't been able to check yet). In that case, it still
tries to contact servers but just sits waiting for a response. Note that
I do not get the error message you mention, just the infinite wait, so
it may be entirely unrelated.

Sometimes I get this message box too, but sometimes not... I'm using Unity BTW

I recommend you report your problem to the Evo Bugzilla page. See
http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml which will also give you
advice on how to collect useful information to accompany your report.

Thanks for pointing bugzilla page of Evo! I will try to reproduce witht the current codebase.

poc

--
Att,

Marcos Paulo de Souza
Acadêmico de Ciencia da Computação - FURB - SC
Github: https://github.com/marcosps/
"Uma vida sem desafios é uma vida sem razão"
"A life without challenges, is a non reason life"