Re: [Evolution] Issue about reading Feed from bitbucket

On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 11:30 -0300, Marcos Souza wrote:
2013/4/15 Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>

On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 09:21 -0300, Marcos Souza wrote:
2013/4/13 Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>

On Fri, 2013-04-12 at 22:22 -0300, Marcos Souza wrote:
What exactly are the problems with SMTP and IMAP?

First time I configure Evolution to receive emails, we bring to me
all
the
emails form server. But, next time we tries to get the emails form
server,
he get a timeout...

Strange don't you think?

It could be a server problem of course. What is the exact error message
you get?

Yes, but Thunderbird didn't give this warning...

In attached is a print of the timeout error on Evolution.

If you restart Evo and try again, does it still time out?

Not, it not happen. Just after some time, it give to me this warning, but
not at startup.

This is a know issue...?

I occasionally get timeouts from a POP server I use, but I'm inclined to
think it's a problem with the server (it's flaky and overloaded).

However there are times when Evo does seem to be waiting infinitely.
This used to be more of a problem than it is now. In the latest stable
version (3.6.4) I've seen it only in one specific scenario: after
logging out and in again (using KDE, not Gnome) Evo needs to ask for my
keyring password, but sometimes it doesn't (either that or the dialogue
box is hidden, I haven't been able to check yet). In that case, it still
tries to contact servers but just sits waiting for a response. Note that
I do not get the error message you mention, just the infinite wait, so
it may be entirely unrelated.

I recommend you report your problem to the Evo Bugzilla page. See
http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml which will also give you
advice on how to collect useful information to accompany your report.

poc