Re: [Evolution] Speed of restore - Evolution 3.2.3

On Tue, 2012-11-06 at 15:29 +0000, Steve T wrote:
I thought it was the suggested was of migration between disparate
releases?
If I want to move an 'x' Evolution release to say a 'y' release, what
way would there
be of doing it without backup/restore?

You need only upgrade your Evolution package, and any necessary data
migration will be handled automatically on the next start.

"yum upgrade" or "apt-get dist-upgrade" (depending on your distro) is
sufficient.  Or, if upgrading your whole system from installation media,
choosing a non-destructive upgrade option is sufficient.

We have never recommended the Back/Restore tool as an upgrade solution.

Matthew Barnes