Re: [Evolution] Speed of restore - Evolution 3.2.3

On Tue, 2012-11-06 at 16:11 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
If all the Evo data and settings are now in flat files, is it feasible
to just produce a sample shell script to show how to move all the data
from one machine to another and put it in the FAQ?

Yeah, you'd just copy or zip up files in

   $HOME/.local/share/evolution
   $HOME/.config/evolution

and optionally

   $HOME/.cache/evolution

It's already alluded to in:
http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/data-storage.html.en

But we could put more explicit instructions in:
http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/backup-restore.html.en

Unfortunately it's difficult to extract Evolution-specific settings from
dconf's on-disk binary blob, but we don't keep anything real critical in
dconf nowadays; mostly just one-click preference values.  Currently even
the Backup tool leaves them behind.

Matthew Barnes