[Evolution] Speed of restore - Evolution 3.2.3

Evolution 3.2.3 Fedora 16 Gnome 3

I have a 'minor' issue with the speed of restores under Evolution 3.2.3. I keep two laptops in sync, by backing up Evolution on the 'master' and restoring it on the 'back-up'. This works ok but has become noticeably slower after using a NAS device to store the backup.
The backup tar itself is circa 2GB for a 4GB installation. What appears to occur is that the backup tar file is scanned multiple times before the restore begins in earnest. It seems to check the tar file for the existence of a directory control file, then after finding it, scan the file to restore it, then presumably after inspecting the contents of the control file, extracts the tar file to the indicated directory structure. I'm not sure that is what happens, but it looks like what is happening when I 'ps' the tasks while the restore is running.

The speed issue is partly caused by the speed of the NAS and the network, but has anyone else had timing issue with large'ish restores?