Re: [Evolution] Moving from evolution to evolution

I don't know why, but an upgrade in Ubuntu usually means to erase a lot of things you manually installed, and install a lot of things you manually erased.  Usually all the process download the equivalent of a CD  (600-700MBs)  and break a lot of things during the upgrade.
Usually I rather a clean install, if I have to use Ubuntu.

For the record:  This and other issues like that made me runaway from Ubuntu and use Fedora.

Kind regards,
Lailah

El dom, 01-07-2012 a las 10:56 -0400, Matthew Barnes escribió:
On Sun, 2012-07-01 at 07:46 -0700, Mark wrote:
> With Ubuntu, upgrades are frequently problematic and re-installs work
> better.  This is as documented by the Ubuntu folks.

That strikes me as odd, Ubuntu being a Debian based distro.

I've been typing "apt-get dist-upgrade" on my stable Debian machine for
12 years and can't remember a single upgrade problem.

And I guess I've gotten used to Fedora/RHEL's insistence on using
Anaconda for upgrades but can't recall having a problem there either.

I'd love to know what's so problematic about Ubuntu upgrades.

Matthew Barnes