Re: [Evolution] Moving from evolution to evolution

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com> wrote:

That strikes me as odd, Ubuntu being a Debian based distro.

Me, too.

I'd love to know what's so problematic about Ubuntu upgrades.

I'm not entirely sure, but typically it has to do with how many levels
of release one is upgrading.  The path from 10.10 to 12.04 required
one or two intermediate upgrades (to 11.04 or 11.10 or both - I don't
recall)., and as I do recall, going from CentOS 4.5 to 5.1 was a
reinstall rather than an upgrade (there were too many problem reports
in the discussion list for me to consider an upgrade).

I was rather surprised (and pleased) when my Ubuntu reinstall worked
flawlessly, with my /home undamaged and unmodified and, in most
respects, fully functional, especially going from GNOME to Xfce4 -
smooth as silk.  Except this hitch with Evolution, but I'll muddle
through.  I've been doing this for a long time.

Thanks.