Re: [Evolution] Evolution doesn't save Mail Account's passwords

I haven't installed the debian package: gnome-keyring

Perhaps it might be easier if you did!

So I find with Google this web site:
How to configure applications to use Gnome Keyring certificates and keys
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring/ApplicationSetup

And under Evolution header a command:
modutil -add gnome-keyring -libfile
/usr/lib/gnome-keyring/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so -mechanisms RSA:DSA \
-dbdir ~/.evolution/

Evolution no longer stores things in .evolution, so that page is out of
date - the current equivalent is probably .local/share/evolution

but I haven't any gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so file on my system.

That's because it's part of the gnome-keyring package - well at least it
is on Fedora.

May I try the following command (but haven't ~/.evolution/ directory at
all)?

modutil -add gnome-keyring -libfile \
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnome-keyring.so.0 -mechanisms RSA:DSA \
-dbdir ~/.evolution/

It depends on whether that library contains the necessary code - which I
doubt since they are distinct files on my system.

I should also say that I have never had to configure Evolution to
explicitly use gnome-keyring, it is always just worked.

P.