Re: [Evolution] Evolution doesn't save Mail Account's passwords

Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> writes:

I haven't installed the debian package: gnome-keyring

Perhaps it might be easier if you did!

I just installed the gnome-keyring.

modutil -add gnome-keyring -libfile \
/usr/lib/gnome-keyring/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so -mechanisms RSA:DSA \
-dbdir ~/.evolution/

Evolution no longer stores things in .evolution, so that page is out of
date - the current equivalent is probably .local/share/evolution

So I tried the following command (I have now
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so)

modutil -add gnome-keyring -libfile \
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so -mechanisms \
RSA:DSA -dbdir ~/.local/share/evolution/

but get warnings and error:
WARNING: Performing this operation while the browser is running could cause
corruption of your security databases. If the browser is currently running,
you should exit browser before continuing this operation. Type
'q <enter>' to abort, or <enter> to continue: <ENTER>

WARNING: gnome-keyring:: no socket to connect to
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: no socket to connect to
ERROR: Failed to add module "gnome-keyring". Probable cause : "The
security card or token does not exist, needs to be initialized, or has
been removed.".

What can I do now?

--
Regards, Pal