Re: [Evolution] OT: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Evolution-EWS (Exchange Web Services) Alpha release

On Fri, 2011-04-22 at 12:36 +0200, Patryk Benderz wrote:
[cut]
It's very rude.
I would be, if I knew your preferences before. But I didn't. Now, as I
know them, I'll try to keep you in CC... just you.

Please see http://david.woodhou.se/reply-to-list.html
This is your opinion.

Not really, no. Read just the first part where it sets out the pros and
cons, and that's a simple technical assessment of the options, and the
various types of users that you might need to consider.

I can use opposite argumentation - see point 12. Of course now I know
your preference...
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php#noprivate

While there's a lot of nonsense in there (like the bit about "most
people post with a munged address..."), there is *one* grain of sanity
where it says "Please respect the right that these people have to decide
what goes into their inbox".

If they receive both copies because you keep them in Cc, they have the
*option* to automatically remove the "duplicates" so they only have one
copy.

But if you *remove* them from Cc they might not receive the message at
all. You have then excluded them from the discussion that you *know*
they were trying to take part in.

If you want to respect people's right to decide, you need to give them
the *option*. It's easier to remove a 'duplicate' mail than it is to
magically create one of our thin air when it wasn't sent to you in the
first place.

--
dwmw2