Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 18:58 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 17:30 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
You could add a third button, I suppose... but then why bother making
it change to 'Reply to All' for non-list messages, when there's an
existing 'Reply to All' button right next to it? (As there is in the
Message menu).

I almost never use the buttons so that's irrelevant to me.

Nevertheless any suggested change must also describe how the buttons
would work / change as a result as well.  Otherwise it's not complete.

There currently is no Reply To List button. I'm not proposing to change
that. If someone does want such a button it's up to them to describe it.
Existing buttons which change are another matter of course.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm a bit lost.  It seems like it
shouldn't be too difficult to collect all the current relevant behavior
into one table and then produce a second table showing the suggested new
behavior.  If we kept that and continued to update it I think more
people would be able to follow the discussion and comment on it.

The table should include menu items, keybindings, and buttons assigned
to each action.  Plus popup dialog notations where relevant.

That sounds reasonable. I'll try and get round to it but it probably
won't be till tomorrow.

poc