Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 20:38 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 20:48 +0200, KÃre Fiedler Christiansen wrote:
It seems to me that people are split in two camps:
 * Those who want full control over who to reply to when, and same
short-cuts always
 * Those who want Evolution to try to be intelligent about where to
reply to, by somehow magically detecting the "appropriate" way to
reply

I think it's best for Evolution always to do what you ask it.

But there are a lot of stupid people out there who ask it to do the
wrong thing, so I think the best option is to prompt them -- hence my
patch to say "are you sure you want to reply privately?" when replying
to a mailing list.

And this one to say "are you sure you want to reply to all?" when you
reply to a message with lots of recipients. Unless it's a mailing list
message.

<snip>

I agree with the two types of users statement.  Truth is, I installed
Evo and just used it.  It was that easy.  I didn't read the manual,
didn't think I needed to.  I learned about CTRL-L from this list.

Guess I'm like the majority of Windows users, I read my mail in the
preview pane, using my mouse wheel, and when I need to reply, I want a
button to click on.

Therefore, I would like to see the keys choices stay the same as they
are (that would satisfy the geeks) and a button added that has "Reply To
List" that would be grayed out when the message is not from a list (that
would satisfy the idiots).  "Geeks" and "idiots" meant as labels only,
not insults.

I can't understand why, if replying to a list message, I would want to
send the same message to a person on that list.  I find it quite
annoying to get two messages because to reply, I have to pick out which
is which.  CTRL-L works only on the list message.

If you change CTRL-L to work like CTRL-R, I would be taking my messages
off list unknowingly, the subject would remain unchanged, so the filters
would place the replies into my list folder.

Bart