Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list
- From: Kåre Fiedler Christiansen <fedora kaarefc dk>
- To: evolution lists lists <evolution-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list
- Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 20:48:38 +0200
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 20:35, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:
OK, that's more complex then... because in the general case it's not
really OK to turn *either* of the existing 'Reply' or 'Reply to All'
buttons into a 'Reply to List' button. They're both used.
You could add a third button, I suppose... but then why bother making it
change to 'Reply to All' for non-list messages, when there's an existing
'Reply to All' button right next to it? (As there is in the Message
It seems to me that people are split in two camps:
* Those who want full control over who to reply to when, and same
* Those who want Evolution to try to be intelligent about where to
reply to, by somehow magically detecting the "appropriate" way to
Why not do both? Add a configuration option to "Use magic reply" (with
an appropriate help text to explain what it does) that replies to list
when list-headers are present, to reply-to address when that's
present, and to sender if neither are present.
An option to reply privately could then be added to the menu, to
override the magic behavior (that option could even be useful in
non-magic contexts when you want to ignore the reply-to header).
(I'm writing this from GMail, that has a lot poorer behavior for
replies than either the current Evolution behavior or any one
suggested in this thread...)
Kåre Fiedler Christiansen
] [Thread Prev