Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 17:30 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 19:35 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

OK, that's more complex then... because in the general case it's not
really OK to turn *either* of the existing 'Reply' or 'Reply to All'
buttons into a 'Reply to List' button. They're both used.

I thought we were going the other way now, as you proposed I.e. turning
Reply To List into Reply To All when no list headers are detected.

Remember, there are three different things which are affected...

1. For the *keystroke* (Ctrl-L): What's the point? If you mean
   Ctrl-Shift-R, why not just press that instead?

2. For the *menu item* in the Message menu, it'd just be confusing. At
   the moment there is already a 'Reply to All' menu item, and a 'Reply
   to List' item which may be greyed out. Turning the latter into a
   duplicate 'Reply to All' menu item would be wrong.

3. For the *button* in the toolbar, there isn't currently one for
   'Reply to List' so we'd have to add one.

There's no *harm* in #1, but it's non-trivial to do that without also
doing at least part of #2 (enabling the Reply to List menu item when it
needn't be enabled). I suppose you could split them into separate
actions so that you can enable the keystroke separately from the menu
item.

--
dwmw2