Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 20:38 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
 * Those who want Evolution to try to be intelligent about where to
reply to, by somehow magically detecting the "appropriate" way to
reply

I think it's best for Evolution always to do what you ask it.

But there are a lot of stupid people out there who ask it to do the
wrong thing, so I think the best option is to prompt them -- hence my
patch to say "are you sure you want to reply privately?" when replying
to a mailing list.

The prompt is a possible win, but calling people stupid isn't going to
sell the idea. The fact is I wanted to improve the list handling because
people make mistakes, not because they don't understand what they're
doing.

And this one to say "are you sure you want to reply to all?" when you
reply to a message with lots of recipients. Unless it's a mailing list
message.

Definitely against this. There's no such thing as a "right number" of
recipients to trigger the query.

poc