Re: [Evolution] Evo FAQ -- Was Re: Evo 2.10.0 to Evo 2.12.0 on new drive?

On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 09:38 -0600, Todd Ness wrote:
The first thing that jumps out at me on the documentation link provided
are the evolution 2.6 release notes. Which makes me think that oh this
must be an unmaintained site.

Then if you study carefully you might notice this small FAQ and user
manual for 2.12.

Unfortunately the "user manual" appears to be simply the online help
text recast in PDF. IMHO the online help, though it has improved a good
deal in the last few release cycles, still needs work. It's OK as an
introduction for new users, but anyone who uses Evo for a while starts
to accumulate questions about exactly how certain things work, and at
present the only options are to do a lot of experimenting (time
consuming), read the sources or developer docs (out of the question for
most people), or consult the FAQ (fine if someone already answered your
question). As a start, how about including an index? How about limiting
the default search scope to only the Evo docs and not all of Gnome? (not
that I'm complaining, earlier versions couldn't search at all).

Try this test: pick a random question posted to this list in the past
year or so and ask yourself if this something one could reasonably
expect to find in the online help. If so, is it there? If it is there,
how easy is it to find?

poc