[Evolution] Evo 2.10.0 to Evo 2.12.0 on new drive?

Hi all,

I would like to know how to back up my current Evo so that I can install
a new system and have everything "just work" ie signatures, email,
contacts, folders.  Can I just delete the cache expecting it to be
re-built?
I have installed Mandriva 2008 on another drive and copied ~/.evolution
to a USB key with my ~/Documents  and ~/Pictures folders.  I copied the
files into the new /home/andrew directory and then started Evolution.  I
needed to enter all my email account details again and I am missing
quite a bit of stuff. This was a dry run to see if I could get it right.

Any ideas how I screwed up, and what I may do differently, please?

Andrew Greig
Community Distributor, OpenOffice.org
Melbourne, Australia