Re: [Evolution] Slow Evolution - OWA - Evolution connector

ÐÐ Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:14:04 +0200
Hans van der Merwe <hvdmerwe sunspace co za> ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐÐ:

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 22:58 +0300, Ilya wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:54:37 -0600
"Peter Van Lone" <petervl gmail com> wrote:

On 1/23/07, Peter Van Lone <petervl gmail com> wrote:

just to throw more fuel on this:

I used the evo version (and exch connector) that came with SUSE
10.0 ... and had the following issues:

1)really really slow startup (excruciating)
2)"generic error" subscribing to another users calendar
3)fairly often crashing
4)general flakiness

I upgraded that version to 2.6 (still on SUSE 10.0) and it seemed
that the startup speed improved marginally, but the other
errors/issues persisted.

I now have a fresh, clean install of SLED running 2.6 EVO ... same
damn issues. Plus, there does not seem to be a way to upgrade to
any newer version on SLED 10. But, from what I am hearing, the
2.8.x versions and above are no better.

Can you say "not ready for a corporate deployment"? Can you
say ... if the brutus option is not better, then EVO is just not
an option. I guess I'll have to keep using *something*, perhaps
I'll continue to struggle with EVO, but I will NOT suggest it to
customers.

Despite that gentoo evo 2.8 branch is masked, it's noticeably better
than 2.6

Ilya.

2.8 is much faster and well...bit more stable.

(ps.I have to use Evol because of the MS freaks we have in the IT
department, but I believe that email should be web-based, with local
offline cache; fat clients are just an overkill)

I use 2.8 too :)
It was a Peter Van Lone message, where i replied to him, that 2.8 is
much more stable.