Re: [Evolution] Slow Evolution - OWA - Evolution connector

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 10:54 -0600, Peter Van Lone wrote:
On 1/23/07, Peter Van Lone <petervl gmail com> wrote:

just to throw more fuel on this:

I used the evo version (and exch connector) that came with SUSE 10.0
... and had the following issues:

1)really really slow startup (excruciating)
2)"generic error" subscribing to another users calendar
3)fairly often crashing
4)general flakiness

2.8.3 has got some performance fixes w.r.t initial folder fetching. If
you have a lot of public/nested folders, you will notice the startup
time reduced considerably with 2.8.3    It is getting released on
Jan-29th.

These fixes have already went in the 2.9.6 version. Some fixes have went
in 2.9.6 for subscribing to another user's calendar issue also.

For those who use SLED 10 (not OpenSuse), these changes will be
available in the SLED 10 SP1.

I upgraded that version to 2.6 (still on SUSE 10.0) and it seemed that
the startup speed improved marginally, but the other errors/issues
persisted.

I now have a fresh, clean install of SLED running 2.6 EVO ... same
damn issues. Plus, there does not seem to be a way to upgrade to any
newer version on SLED 10. But, from what I am hearing, the 2.8.x
versions and above are no better.

Can you say "not ready for a corporate deployment"? Can you say ... if
the brutus option is not better, then EVO is just not an option. I
guess I'll have to keep using *something*, perhaps I'll continue to
struggle with EVO, but I will NOT suggest it to customers.

<sigh>