Re: [Evolution] Slow Evolution - OWA - Evolution connector

On 1/24/07, Jules Colding <colding omesc com> wrote:

OK, I'm obviously biased here but I have a test environment with 4000+
messages per folder and evolution-brutus can work with that with no
problems whatsoever.

Anyway, I'm responsive so if you decide to try out e-b than I'm here to
help.

I will definitly try the brutus route ... I want to exhaust what can
be done with the native exchange connector first, so that I can
compare "best to best" ...

While I have not yet seriously sat down to figure out how to
deploy/use brutus, I have looked through the docs a bit, and have
struggled to come to a "big picture" understanding of how it is
architected ... I've got a couple questions, do you have a moment to
address them?

1)Brutus must run on a windows box, which can but need not be an
exchange box. Correct?
2)What "high level" kinds of config changes must be done on the
exchange side? Any user accounts required? Any connectors defined,
etc?
3)Can an EVO installation, use both the "exchange connector" and
"brutus" at the same time? (or is there an easy way to switch back and
forth, just for testing simplicity)?
4)is there a list of features/compromises that users will experience
that is compared to the experience using the exchange connector?

Peter