Re: [Evolution] scheduling resources with the exchange connector

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 19:55 -0500, Peter Van Lone wrote:
On 9/11/06, Jules Colding <colding omesc com> wrote:

It is on mine. It is actually fairly close to the top. What are your
deadline here?

Jules,

I guess I did not really realize until now that you must be the magic
behind Brutus, yes?

Yes, I am.

Both the server and b-e?

Yes, both.

Have you had discussions with the core Evo developers about bringing
Brutus into the evo project officially?

No. I wish they would take a look at it, but they seem to ignore it
completely :-(

Are you and they working on similar, but parallel, tracks?

evolution-brutus and evolution-exchange are certainly similar in purpose
but they are vastly different tech-wise. See e.g. this blog from Terry
Myerson, General Manager for the Exchange Server division at Microsoft:

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/09/15/410941.aspx

The short story is that WebDAV is living on borrowed time. It will most
likely go away after E12. Not so with MAPI.

I wish that I had coding skills, I would jump in here and help,
because in my estimation the exchange connector is ... not good
enough.

Testing and using evolution-brutus is equally important.

thanx for your work, I am looking forward to having a chance to try
the system out. Do you know of anyone that has built a SUSE package
yet?

I do intent to package for SUSE too, but I haven't yet got the time to
do it. One of my users have merely used the FC5 RPMs on SUSE and are
saying that it works flawlessly.

Best regards,
  jules