Re: [Evolution] new mail notify applet? Where?

James Pifer wrote:

Mail-notification 2.0 has support for evolution and compiles against evo 2.2. The patch is probably to be able compile against evo 2.4. I patched the source manually (some build dependencies etc..).

So you don't really need that patch. Get the source rpm, enable the evolution compile flag (probably disabled by default in the rpm) and fix some issues for 2.2->2.4. You'll probably need to get the evolution sources too, to be able to compile.
Yeah, I tried to do that yesterday. I downloaded and installed the src
for evo. I can see that the evolution source was installed
under /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES. Unfortunately, the mail-notification
install still says it can't find it when I do:
./configure --with-evolution-source-dir=/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
You probably need to specify a level deeper in the directory structure.
To ultimate way of knowing what goes wrong is reading config.log -- it will contain an error that it can't find a particular file. This should enable you to fix it.

What's also interesting is that configure also says it can't enable
stuff because GMime is not found, but I have gmime installed
Do you also have the development rpm of gmime installed?

--
Mathieu