Re: [Evolution] new mail notify applet? Where?

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 19:35 +0000, Trey Ethridge wrote:
-- "Trey Ethridge" <tale juno com> wrote:
Hello all,

I've done a lot of searching for a simple new mail notify applet
that listens for the dbus message sent by evolution when new mail
messages arrive.  However, I can't find it.

[snip]

I know about the applet called mail-notify, but I would rather use
an applet that listened for the dbus message instead of it checking
my mail just like evolution does.

I didn't see any responses to this.  I find it hard to believe that
nobody is using a mail notification icon that uses the dbus message.
Somebody help me out here.

I know you mentioned you didn't want mail-notify already but have you
really looked into it?  It doesn't "check your mail" a second time
around (necessarily) - you can set it to look at your evolution folders
instead of checking for mail.  That way it lets you know when the mail
has arrived according to evolution, but without actually making a pop or
imap connection itself.

It is available at http://www.nongnu.org/mailnotify/ for those
interested.

HTH,

Insults are effective only where emotion is present.
                -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?"  stardate 3468.1