Re: [Evolution] new mail notify applet? Where?

You probably need to specify a level deeper in the directory structure.
To ultimate way of knowing what goes wrong is reading config.log -- it
will contain an error that it can't find a particular file. This should
enable you to fix it.

Ok, getting closer. I extracted the file and untarred
evolution-2.2.3.tar.bz2 which was in SOURCE, which left me with an
evolution-2.2.3 directory. Now the install finds some of the stuff, but
it's still missing PLUGINS. Did a quick google search but came up empty.
Any idea where to find these?

checking for the Evolution source tree
directory... /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/evolution-2.2.3
checking for /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/evolution-2.2.3/mail/em-event.h...
yes
checking for /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/evolution-2.2.3/mail/em-folder-
tree.h... yes
checking for /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/evolution-2.2.3/mail/mail-
component.h... yes
checking for /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/evolution-2.2.3/mail/mail-
tools.h... yes
checking for EVOLUTION_PLUGIN_CFLAGS...
checking for EVOLUTION_PLUGIN_LIBS...
configure: Evolution not found: forcing --disable-evolution

What's also interesting is that configure also says it can't enable
stuff because GMime is not found, but I have gmime installed

Ah, no, I didn't and that did indeed fix that problem.

Thanks,
James