Re: [Evolution] new mail notify applet? Where?

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 13:36 +0100, Mathieu De Zutter wrote:
James Pifer wrote:

Mail-notification 2.0 has support for evolution and compiles against evo
2.2. The patch is probably to be able compile against evo 2.4. I patched
the source manually (some build dependencies etc..).

So you don't really need that patch. Get the source rpm, enable the
evolution compile flag (probably disabled by default in the rpm) and fix
some issues for 2.2->2.4. You'll probably need to get the evolution
sources too, to be able to compile.

Yeah, I tried to do that yesterday. I downloaded and installed the src
for evo. I can see that the evolution source was installed
under /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES. Unfortunately, the mail-notification
install still says it can't find it when I do:
./configure --with-evolution-source-dir=/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES

I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels here. I haven't been able to
figure out how to apply the patches (I keep getting an error when I try
about garbage input) and I'm not sure if that's what I need to do. The
patches appear to be for 2.2.2, but they are in the source for 2.2.3 so
I assume they are right.

Anyway, I figured the patch I needed was evolution-2.2.2-fix-new-mail-
notify.patch. It looks like it only adds one line to configure.in so I
did it manually. It adds this line just after line 1387:
if ${PKG_CONFIG} --atleast-version=0.31 dbus-glib-1 ; then

I added it to configure.in in the source for 2.2.3 and then tried to run
the install again. I still fail on these:
checking for EVOLUTION_PLUGIN_CFLAGS...
checking for EVOLUTION_PLUGIN_LIBS...

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks,