[Evolution] Re: Re: [Evolution] Any suggested workarounds for yet one more interface quirk?

Hi Patrick,

You need to restart Evo ("evolution --force-shutdown").

Note that you need to change the files all over again every time you
install a new version of Evo, and on a multi-user system all users will
get the same settings, i.e. these files are per-system and not per-user.

By the way, I have seen the list archives before but I was wondering, is
there a way to search them?  I suppose I could always do a Google search
on them but I wonder if there is a closer to home way of searching
them?

http://www.mail-archive.com/evolution%40lists.ximian.com

(One of those things it's hard to discover unless you already know
it ...)

Half the important stuff regarding Evolution does not seem to be
documented officially anywhere.  I mean things like using
--force-shutdown, changing key bindings through XML files, using
VFolders to more easily read unread emails, lack of the HTML related
buttons being able to be removed from the composer windows when
disabling HTML email, the "secret" location of a searchable list
archive, and so forth.

That's too bad if true (that it's not documented I mean) given that it
must result in a lot of duplicate questions on the list at best and to
unnecessary frustration with Evolution at worst.

Carlos