Re: [Evolution] hanging when downloading messages

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 10:55 -0800, Dan Stromberg wrote:
On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 20:38 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 11:25 -0700, Evolution List wrote:
5) That's it :-)

LOL  Just as an aside....man do I ever feel sorry for someone coming to
Linux from the Windows world and finding themselves having to become a
sort of CLI programmer to get a program installed from source.

Running commands from a prompt is *not* being a "CLI programmer".
To compare programming with running a few commands from a prompt
is the height of know-nothingness.

You're being overly harsh.

I'll admit to being a *bit* harsh, in an "oh, puhleeze" manner.
No more.

Yes, running a few commands is not "programming", but yes, many windows
folks will go into a tail-spinning panic if they have to actually type a
command.

Seen that, but not been there (I started on TRS-80 and then went
to CP/M).  But the leap from "type a few commands" to "had to
program" is a leap too far.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says
something about human nature that the only form of life we have
created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our
own image."
Stephen Hawking