Re: [Evolution] Does Evolution retrieve email even when it is not being run??

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 11:16 -0700, Evolution List wrote:
Hi Jeff,

> I'd bet anything that KDE was applying some theme or another to
> Evolution to make it look like other KDE/Qt applications and that's what
> was causing the crashes (we got a lot of reports from people running KDE
> and it was because of the theme they were using, having them switch to
> no theme made all the crashes go away)
>
> we can't be blamed for other people's software products being buggy (tho
> we often are).

True enough Jeff.  But at the same time I think Ximian (at the time)
should have investigated this and done something to rectify the
situation (filed a bug with KDE, coded some workaround, etc.).  Perhaps
they did.  I don't know.

Unless people file bugs we can't tell they exist.   All repeatable, common crash bugs get attention in a fairly timely manner.  Everything since 1.2 has been pretty stable for me.