Re: [Evolution] to many virus

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 08:53 +0000, Peter Houppermans wrote:
..but to get back to the starting concern: this mailing list is spammed
with virus infections which is IMO Not A Good Thing.

Stating "It's not a problem because we don't use Windows" is overlooking
the possibility that subscribers may not yet have moved to
Linux/Evolution but are having a toe in the water.  And thus they may
read this with Outlook.

Well, people using Outlook shouldn't use Outlook, or should have
some AV filter.

For those that do, here's probably the quickest risk reduction exercise
of all: SWITCH OFF THE PREVIEW PANE.

Maybe that's one reason why I've never gotten a virus.  (Corporate
AV filters too, of course.)

                                    And switch to Thunderbird, but I
can imagine this not being possible if inside a company.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"World peace, like community peace, does not require that each
man love his neighbor -- it requires only that they live together
with mutual tolerance, submitting their disputes to a just and
peaceful settlement."
John F Kennedy