Re: [Evolution] Will Evolution 2.0 support RSS feeds

As it stands now, from what I can tell, I'll need to have Evolution open
for my email, a 'clock applet' open to see my appointments and an News
aggrigator open to check the headlines.  Thats three seperate components
to do what one single window does right now.  I still think that makes
no sense.  I accept that no one is working on a Summary UI for the new
version of Evolution, but I still think it stinks.

Sure, dropping features will always annoy some of the loyal users.

Speaking about something stinking: I do have multiple accounts I use on
a daily basis and even some more. Yes, I gave the Summary page a try
every few months and even configured it to the best it provides.

Sad to say, but it is practically unusable for me. Besides some other
personal showstoppers, the Mail Summary is the worst to me: Even with
"full path" enabled, I end up with 3 anonymous "Inbox" named entries...

The above is IMHO, of course.  I hope I don't come across as a troll or
anything.  I love Evolution and use it constantly.  I just hate to see
one of my most used features (a comprehensive Summary page) being taken
away, is all.

I would love to have a really good Summary page for Evolution, too.
Maybe some day I will use some kind of Summary page as well, but it has
to be way more flexible and configurable as it currently is.

On the other hand: This is Open Source. Anyone can start hacking a
Summary Page. If it is good and fits into the new UI, it eventually will
get back. The component design and some backend changes for the
forthcoming release probably make this task easier.

...guenther