Re: [Evolution] Will Evolution 2.0 support RSS feeds

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 11:21 +0200, Dipl.-Ing. Gregor Hlawacek wrote:
Am Sa, den 24.04.2004 schrieb Rodrigo Moya um 12:19:
On Sat, 2004-04-24 at 05:07 +0200, Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:
On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 16:42, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Correct, the RSS feeds and Summary are both gone in 1.5 (and will be
gone in 2.0)

Why is that? I've always enjoyed the summary page (not particularly for
the rss-feed) as I have everything on one page.
It's not optional then?

no, it's gone for ever. For some similar functionality, you can use the
clock-applet with evolution support, which shows the tasks and events
for today, and for news, just use a news aggregator, like straw or
similar.

I still find it a pity that the summary is gone but could you supply a
link to the clock-applet.

it's part of gnome-applets, but take in mind that you'll need probably
to compile it so that it includes evolution support. Unless you use XD2
unstable for SuSE, which already has it compiled with that support in.

cheers