Re: [Evolution] Will Evolution 2.0 support RSS feeds

 Personally, though, if I want to know how much unread email
I have, I open my mail client.

The reason I use Evolution as opposed to Sylpheed, KMail (pine, mutt,
etc) is because it _does_ include everything but the kitchen sink.
Evolution is certainly more than _just_ an email client.  Its the
central source of information on my entire desktop.  If I just wanted an
email client, Sylpheed is certainly faster (on my system at least) and
does a good job of doing only mail.  Evolution is more than that, its
far more comprehensive.

What does a Calendar have to do with email?  A to-do list?  Absolutely
nothing.  Evolution is a PIM program, email is but one component.  I'm
not saying taking away the Summary/RSS feed will make Evolution any less
good at what it does, but it seems strange to me that features are
dropped because there are other programs out there that do a good job.
Thats like dropping email capability because there are countless other
email clients that are faster and handle just email.

As it stands now, from what I can tell, I'll need to have Evolution open
for my email, a 'clock applet' open to see my appointments and an News
aggrigator open to check the headlines.  Thats three seperate components
to do what one single window does right now.  I still think that makes
no sense.  I accept that no one is working on a Summary UI for the new
version of Evolution, but I still think it stinks.

The above is IMHO, of course.  I hope I don't come across as a troll or
anything.  I love Evolution and use it constantly.  I just hate to see
one of my most used features (a comprehensive Summary page) being taken
away, is all.