Re: [Evolution] Will Evolution 2.0 support RSS feeds

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 11:17, guenther wrote:
[ ... no more Summary page ... ]
There are better RSS aggregators out there.

I agree - that's the reason that really counts IMHO. There's no reason
for it be in Evo. It's not like they are taking away a feature that
doesn't exist anywhere else.

I remember like 4 years ago when people were all whining because there
wasn't a Summary page in Evolution "and Outlook has a Summary page". I
recall being somewhat disappointed at the time that Ximian stuck one in
- and am glad to see that part of the kitchen sink being removed -
especially since in the intervening period the syndication phenomenon
has exploded and there are many good clients out there to be had.

I imagine at some point someone will write an interface to
Evolution[-Data-Server] capable of generating an RSS feed so that people
can craft their own summary views with Mail, Task, and Calendar
information. Personally, though, if I want to know how much unread email
I have, I open my mail client.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Operational Dynamics Consulting Pty Ltd

Australia: +61 2 9977 6866  North America: +1 646 472 5054

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/