Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal

Jean-Marc V. Liotier said:

The problem is I do not see how hierarchical tasks would get along with
Palm synchronization : the Palm devices can't handle anything richer
than their native model. A task copied to the Palm could be stripped of
its extended attributes such as hierarchical context, but if it is
modified on the Palm and copied back upon synchronization it would be
hard to make it fit back. Maybe keeping track of unique objects by
stuffing a serial number in some infrequently used field...

There is a nice little program for Palm devices called Shadow, available
at http://www.codejedi.com, which features hierarchical task management
and integration with the Palm's To Do and Calendar functions.  There's a
desktop component as well, but I believe it's only available for Windows
at this time.

Sadly, I can't think of any way to combine the hierarchical power of
Shadow with a task tree function for Evolution.

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope hotmail com
invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry