Re: [Evolution] imap server errors when sending mail.

I am using imap with a MS Exchange Server to view my mail. I leave the
mail on the server.

OK, lots of people use Evolution with Exchange, so the "your IMAP server
is broken" scenario seems unlikely.

Occasionally, I get error messages when sending mail.  A pop up window
with something  like "an error occured but message was sent ok".

That generally means an error appending to the Sent Items folder.

(evolution:5696): camel-imap-provider-WARNING **: Unexpected response
from IMAP server: Subject: BAD Protocol Error: "Unidentifiable command
specified"

That's saying that evolution sent a command with the tag "Subject:" that
it didn't recognize. Sounds like evo is sending the message body when
the server is expecting a command.

I wonder if perhaps it's failing to notice that the server said "NO"
rather than "+ continue". Is there any reason why appending the message
would fail? Do you have quotas turned on on your Exchange server and are
you near quota?

Anyway, showing more of the debug output (back to the APPEND command)
would help.

-- Dan