Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 12:42, Jean-Marc V. Liotier wrote:
On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 03:56, Kevin Cullis wrote:
Second, I cannot stess enough the calendar/ToDo lists linkage of some
sorts.  I'd like to see a Task/ToDo be scheduled in the Calendar and
remain in the ToDo/Task listing. It does not have to be expert, just
that when I edit a "scheduled" task in the calendar that it's changed in
the ToDo list as well.

Yes, that would make the Tasks module much more usable : tasks deadlines
are much better put in context when displayed within the calendar view.
In Evolution, a calendar entry can become a meeting when the "Schedule
Meeting" context menu option is selected and participants added. It
could by the same kind of user interaction become a task deadline :
select the "Set Task Deadline" context menu option and the calendar
entry becomes a task as well as a calendar entry. The same mechanism in
reverse would be a task becoming a calendar entry as well as a task when
a deadline is set.

I would love to see tasks/calendar linked.  I'd also love to see the
most common view for calendars avaialable.  It is independant of week,
month or year.

Gantt chart viewing would be amazing.  You've all seen them before if
you've worked on a large project.  Each task is shown and spans an
amount of time.  Here's the ASCII version.

    Day Number |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  ...
---------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-------
Discuss Evo UI |XXXXX|XXXXX|XX   |     |     |     |     |
Meeting        |     |  XXX|     |     |     |     |     |
Implement UI   |     |     |XXXXX|XXXXX|XXXXX|XXXXX|     |
Test UI        |     |     |     |     |  XXX|XXXXX|XXXXX|XXXXX.....

Note that it doesn't matter how many days are displayed, you can do a
gantt chart for a week, day, month.  Doesn't matter, and the order of
the "tasks/appointments" doesn't matter, all they need is a start and
end time.

Cheers,
--
Christopher Ness

sketchy running 2.4.20-18.9 kernel on Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike).

My Jukebox is currently playing...
The Ataris Your Boyfriend Sucks