Re: OT: impersonate TE (was: Re: [Evolution] Evolution's GPG Behavior)

On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 22:05, Bill Hartwell wrote:

[...]
it had matured enough to replace PGP, because people were impersonating
me on newsgroup postings. I had to wonder who had such an incredibly
empty life they had to impersonate ME to get their kicks, but someone
[...]

agree to all of this.

Besides the habit part, it's also a political statement.

Yes.

The less any
government can control, the better, and since GPG means they can't
control a poster's privacy that's one more useful tool against the
State.

You're an american? I don't know, but I usually don't feel that I need
to take action against my state or government. I have grievances against
certain people that are part of our government, but I feel this is
something different. As I said, part of my use of gpg is a political
statement, too - but more on the lines of 'it is legal now to use it,
and it shall remain that way.'

Hope nobodys patriotic pride is hurt.

cheers
-- vbi