Re: [Evolution] Re: Evolution SMTP and Password Errors

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 08:07, Bill Hartwell wrote:
On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 13:21, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Well, I stand corrected. Evolution is not sending a RCPT TO: command to
the SMTP server, however I don't see how that is possible if the message
contains recipients in the To: and/or Cc: headers.

Does it? Did you specify any recipients?

Can you paste the header(s) of the messages you are trying to send?

Jeff

That solved the problem. I opened my Outbox (for the first time since
installing Evolution) and saw that the first message on the list had
somehow lost its destination - despite it having been a reply to a
message on the Evolution list. Once I opened it and added a To: address,
everything else worked like a charm.

Note to self: Check Outbox more often...

I've seen this a few times also. For me, it happens with a contact list
where I had ticked the option to hide addresses sent to this list (i.e.
the only recipients are bcc:).

This works almost always, but occasionally I get the problem you
describe and I have to delete that mail from outbox. Eventually, I
changed the contact list to not hide addresses and I've not seen the
problem since (so far - but it's been quite a while now).

This is just extra info that might help someone track down the cause of
this problem.

jdl

--
Jeff De Luca
http://www.nebulon.com

Visit the Feature Driven Development (FDD) Community Site
http://www.featuredrivendevelopment.com