[Evolution] Can't authenticate Evo LDAP against Exchange 5.5

Just upgraded to Evo 1.2.1 and have an operational (works with Outlook
Express) Exchange 5.5 LDAP system. I used the directory servers tool to
configure Evo to query the Ex 5.5 server. It's configured to use my
email account for authentication. I click the name of the directory and
am prompted for a password but the authentication fails. I then get a
warning that the LDAP server is being anonymously accessed - I click OK.
If I then try to search for an entry I get the message "there are no
items to show in this view".

Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks Much
John Clay