Re: [Evolution] Problem with reply and other stuff (OT)

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 18:02, Jeff De Luca wrote:
On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 06:21, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Please stop Ccing me. I do not wish to be a part of this discussion any
longer. I have unsubscribed from the list for this very reason.

Why have the list at all then? Why did you ever participate?

Frankly, this attitude is remarkably pervasive and consistent as others
have noted and not just on this issue (anyone remember the inline pgp
discussions?). I could never recommend this mail client to corporates.
In fact, I will stop using it myself now.

I've had similar feelings, but I encourage you avoid being hasty.

I do think it's very cool that Ximian has lists like this and allows
their engineers to participate. And I'm sure that, even if he did stomp
off in a huff, that Jeffery Stedfast will learn something from this.

I hope that Ximian learns something from this, too. The wrong lesson
would be, "Engineers should be kept away from the public."

Only Ximian can know what the right one is, but perhaps it's, "We should
train our employees on how to communicate more effectively." Or perhaps,
"We should see if anything in our corporate culture unintentionally
nurtures behavior like this." Or maybe even, "Are we working our
engineers too hard and making them snap at people?"

I dunno, but Evolution shows enough promise that I hope they sort it
out.

William

--
brains for sale: http://scissor.com/