Re: [Evolution] Problem with reply and other stuff (OT)

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 18:27, guenther wrote:
I'm not as sure as you about that point. IMHO it is violation of
netiquette too, to quote the whole message and *not* deleting needless
stuff.

Oh, I agree with you wholeheartedly. That can also be helped by
implementing the requested kmail feature of quoting only the text which
was selected when the user hit 'Reply', and by offering 'Reply with
quote' and 'Reply without quote' options rather than forcing the user to
go through the configuation menus every time they want to reply
differently, etc.

( My personal opinion: It is even worse, to get hundreds of lines quoted
and a simple "that's right" at the bottom -- I can trash that mail
faster, if such stupid statement is at the top. Although I don't like
top-posting... )

True. But by placing the cursor at the bottom, your naïve users actually
_notice_ that they're quoting the entire post, and have a visual hint to
do something about it.

It's definitely not something that everyone agrees on, but I think it
does merit being a configuration option.

--
dwmw2