Re: [Evolution] Problem with reply and other stuff (OT)

I speak only for myself here though -- the keyboard shortcut option
wouldn't help if I were considering the deployment of Evolution
company-wide. If I were still living that previous life, I'd really have
insisted on having the cursor at the bottom by _default_ (at least per
site-wide configuration) in that situation. Much larting of my users for
Netiquette violation, by myself and others, could thereby be avoided.

I'm not as sure as you about that point. IMHO it is violation of
netiquette too, to quote the whole message and *not* deleting needless
stuff.

( My personal opinion: It is even worse, to get hundreds of lines quoted
and a simple "that's right" at the bottom -- I can trash that mail
faster, if such stupid statement is at the top. Although I don't like
top-posting... )

That said, the cursor should appear at the top, as you sure should prune
needless stuff.

I was following that thread, and didn't wanted to raise my voice -- but
it lasts too long, and right now the moods have calmed down a bit... ;)

David: To avoid your users from violating netiquette, tech them
netiquette half an hour. There is no way, to do this by default behavior
of the client...

...guenther