Re: [Evolution] Reply at bottom

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 10:29, Mike Dougherty wrote:
On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 17:10, Eric Lambart wrote:
Actually it has something to do with the signature type.  Are you using
a script to create the signature?  I think in that case you need to add
it manually.  Whatever the case, it's been discussed here in the past =)
No, the sig is static. It seems to add it for plain text messages, but not for HTML.
Hmmmm.  That doesn't happen for me.  As you can see I've chosen HTML format for this message, and the \n--- \n separator is still there.  After switching to HTML, I tried changing my "From" personality to several I have which use different sigs (including 'auto-generated'), and the separator is there for every one.

Maybe if you attach the signature as a file, someone might be able to figure out what's happening (and if you really care that much).  It could be something simple.  The sig files are stored in ~/evolution/signatures

To tell the truth, I think the answer has been discussed in this list before.  Maybe it is the presence of HTML tags in your signature.  I don't have such tags in any of my sig files.  And if I recall correctly, the situation was discussed as being intentional by Evolution developers, though I never understood why.
I also just noticed that although the text of your signature is being
removed automatically, the GtkHTML element remains behind; moving the
cursor (with keys) across where your sig was, caused the 'marching ants'
box to appear.  Strange.  Guess it's a bug.
I played with this a little and nothing seemed to fix it. I tried editing the HTML by hand and putting the "\n-- \n" in different places with the same result. Should this be entered as a bug?
I dunno.  The Ximian developers have been very quiet around here lately.  It's certainly not that big of a deal, if you ask me.

Eric

--
Is that a Microsoft OS you're using?
Don't forget to save your work and reboot regularly!