Re: [Evolution] Determining the account used for sending mail

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 14:06, Dan Winship wrote:
1) Search the Recipient list for an address in your accounts
    (this should fail on a mailing list, so ...)
2) Use X-Evolution-Source.
3) Barring Neither working for some reason, use default account.

So you'd think, but that's basically how it was supposed to work in
1.0.x and he's saying it didn't really... I suspect something is messing
up so that it doesn't recognize the X-Evolution-Source header and step 2
fails.

I thought the problem was that this breaks if you have one IMAP account
that is a collection point for several evolution accounts, such as I do.
All of my mail from Ximian and newton.cx lives on one IMAP server, and I
have mailing lists subscribed under both addresses.  In my situation,
the account that the IMAP server "belongs to" is always used even when
that's the wrong account.

Of course, now that I think about it, I'm not sure how the mailer could
figure out what the right account is.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton