Re: [Evolution] Determining the account used for sending mail

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 13:57, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
If you go back to probably even last week or the week before in the
archives for this list, you'll find numerous messages complaining about
1.0.x "find my account from this message" behavior. In fact, every week
there are lots of complaints. All of them wanted it the way it is now.
You're actually the first person that wants it the old way :-)

People don't write email saying "Dammit! Why can't you make evolution
work exactly the way it already does?! How the @#$!@ am I supposed to
used this thing when it does precisely what I want it to?!" It's
possible that there were thousands of people happy with the old behavior
and just a handful who wanted it the new way.

Can one of those I-don't-like-the-1.0.x-way people out there explain
what was wrong with it for them? The 1.0.x way sounds like it makes a
lot more sense to me... (If someone sends mail to you something com, why
do you want the reply to come from you something-else com? Unless you
don't ever want to send mail from you something com, in which case, why
not just claim that you something-else com is the email address for that
identity?)

-- Dan