Re: [Evolution] Suddenly mail disappear

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 10:13, Georg Rønning wrote:
I have not found any "strange" huge files astray, but I still have the
"enormous" mbox.ibex file of 1,5 Gb. As far as I understand this MUST be
related to the disappeared mailbox ?

Unfortunately, Marcus is right: the ibex file is just indexing
information and doesn't contain your messages.

If the mbox file only contains those few new messages, then I don't
think you'll be able to recover your mail :-(. Did you do anything
unusual before this happened? I don't think Evolution has lost anyone's
mail for a long time; it should be able to handle a 1300-message mbox
without any problems. The large ibex is weird but wouldn't affect the
mail itself.

Hope this helps,
        Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton